Forum changes and permissions Oct 2011 - please read

Announcements about the Professional Locksmiths Forum (PLF) and LASM - visible to non members
Kate Tolley
Site Admin

Forum changes and permissions Oct 2011 - please read

Post by Kate Tolley » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 pm

There are several different forums on this site.

Public (visible to all, even if not logged in): Public Announcements
Visible to all registered users: Purgatory, Introduce Yourself
Visible to all registered users once vetted/approved: Off Topic, LASM Articles, LASM Matters Arising, Press/Trade/Advertisers, General Enthusiasm
Visible to all registered locksmiths: Locksmithing, Jobs/Member listings (geographical), Tools
Other forums to which locksmiths can request access: Auto locksmithing, Warrant locksmithing, Safes

There is a further restricted hobby area and a restricted locksmith area. If you don't have access and you want it, keep posting. If you have never posted, you need to post and introduce yourself in the cryptically named Introduce Yourself section before you will get any further permissions. If you have posted an introduction and have been granted Enthusiast access but you're hoping for more advanced hobby or locksmith access, keep posting - and fill in the extra fields in your profile!

FAQ:

Q. I have requested access to lots of areas but you haven't approved my requests. Why not?
A. Either I haven't seen them, or you have never posted/have hardly posted anything, or you haven't filled in your profile. If you are a regular poster and I haven't approved your request and it's been more than a few days, feel free to give me a nudge. If you've never posted, you won't get any further access until you do. There is also the possibility that you already have more permissions than the group you're requesting e.g. you're already in "General Locksmiths" and you're requesting to join "Locksmiths".

Q. I used to have access to a particular forum. Now I can't see it any more. Why not?
A. Either you got permissions ages ago and you've never posted, or you haven't posted in a very long time, so some of your permissions have been revoked. It's also possible that the forum in question was deleted or merged with another forum.

Q. I am a trading locksmith. Why haven't you given me locksmith access?
A. I probably couldn't find enough information about your company, or you appeared to have just started trading based on the information you supplied when you registered. Fill in your profile and post in the Introduce Yourself thread for starters. It's nothing personal.

Q. This is preposterous! Don't you know who I am? I'm leaving the forum!
A. Okay. But since you've never posted, no, I've no idea who you are.
David Appleyard
General Locksmith

Re: Forum changes and permissions Oct 2011 - please read

Post by David Appleyard » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:38 pm

I am not authorised to see various stuff including Unican bypass ( I have a pretty good notion what it is, but it would be nice to confirm it ) -- any chance of lifting the restriction ?? David