Exciting news from LASM!

Announcements about the Professional Locksmiths Forum (PLF) and LASM - visible to non members
Admin

Exciting news from LASM!

Post by Admin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:28 pm

We don't usually publish in December, but this month we've got something new and exciting for you - a 100% online issue. There is no print issue to go with it - it's all going to be online, and it'll be published on Christmas Eve. To sign up for it, you need to follow this link and register. Why do we need you to register if you already receive the magazine? Well, we don't have an email address on file for about 80% of our subscriber base, unfortunately, so if we created logins from your existing details, only 20% of subscribers would have access!

The December issue will have lots of new content, as well as some of the best articles from 2011. Please note: when you sign up, you will only be able to see a few announcements and a couple of teaser articles until the full online edition is published on Christmas Eve. Please don't send us emails asking why you can't see the December articles yet!

But wait - there's more! The magazine is moving to a paid subscription model, starting from March 2012. This will allow us to keep bringing you great quality content, including exclusive member only content such as video on the website which will not be available anywhere else.

Even better – we’re going to start paying you for your submissions. Click here for more information about writing for us.

There are four different subscriptions you can purchase:

Combined online and print subscription, paid annually: £30
Combined online and print subscription, paid monthly: £3
Online only subscription, paid annually: £10
Online only subscription, paid monthly: £1

as well as a fifth option, "free until March" for those who either want to try before they buy, or who don't just intend to pay for it when March rolls around :lol:

You can purchase these subscriptions at any time, but if you buy them before March, they'll run until March 2013 (or April 2012 if you're paying monthly) - i.e. December, January and February are still free issues.

If you just want to take the free option for now, and upgrade later, that’s fine – on the signup page just select “free until March”. You’ll be able to upgrade your subscription at any time. If you don’t upgrade before March, you will lose your free access to the rest of the member only content, but you’ll still be able to access your account and the upgrade page.

So what are you waiting for? Click here and sign up! Please note: even if you do not intend to purchase a paid subscription, you will need to sign up for a free subscription in order to access the December online issue of the magazine.
David Appleyard
General Locksmith

Re: Exciting news from LASM!

Post by David Appleyard » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:32 pm

I know this is dumb, but do I need to re-register my e-mail address having already signed up for the combined paper and online sub. This looks even sillier now that I have read it through -- I bet you had a little bet with yourself how long it would be before someone asked.
Matt Gleeson
General Locksmith

Post by Matt Gleeson » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Link doesn't work for me :?:
Matt Gleeson
General Locksmith

Post by Matt Gleeson » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Kate Tolley
Site Admin

Post by Kate Tolley » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Thank you Matt. I am sleep deprived. Link is now fixed. :roll:

David, no! You've already registered and paid - you don't need to register again!

If we'd had email addresses for everyone who currently gets the magazine, it'd have been SOOO easy. But sadly we don't, so we need to get everyone to register, which I know is a pain but it's sadly unavoidable :(